Terra Mobilis 2018
Travelling exhibition and workshop programme concerning Environmental Education in the province of Cuenca (Spain)
When we talk about damaging the environment and the many problems that human activities cause in it, things that come to our minds include factories polluting the air and water, machines cutting down hectares of trees, overloaded rubbish landfills or the famous climate change. We usually view environmental damage as something that is far away, as if solutions to environmental problems are too big and beyond our capabilities. But caring for the environment and sustainable development start with each of us, with everything we do in our daily lives. The key is to realize this, and communication, education and the promotion of scientific culture are essential tools in this process.
The Provincial Directorate of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Development of the Regional Government of Castilla-La Mancha (JCCM) has, therefore, started “Terra Mobilis 2018”, an Environmental Education programme that will enable people to discover several environmental issues, their problems and solutions, by means of several travelling exhibitions and their associated workshops.
What exhibitions are included in Terra Mobilis?
In 2018, the exhibitions available in the province of Cuenca are the following:
- The path of packages ⇒ The overproduction of waste products is one of the greatest environmental problems currently confronted by our society. This exhibition and its workshops show the best ways to manage our waste, teaching us the importance of reducing, reusing and recycling.
- Invasive alien species (IAS) in Castilla-La Mancha ⇒ IAS are animals and plants from other parts of the world that are present in our natural ecosystems owing to human actions, which is a huge problem for the conservation of local biodiversity. This exhibition allows us to know which species they are, the serious problems that they cause and the importance of our actions as regards preventing and solving them.
- Discover the Natural Park of the Serranía de Cuenca ⇒ This is one of the most valuable and emblematic natural protected areas in the province of Cuenca. This exhibition will enable us to discover some of its geological and wildlife treasures and the importance of preserving them.
- The “Clarity” Project ⇒ All environmental problems and their consequences add up to create a threat for Nature conservation with global dimensions: the famous and worrying Climate Change. This exhibition and its workshops show us what this phenomenon entails and how we can contribute toward fighting it.
Who is Terra Mobilis designed for and how does it work?
Terra Mobilis, which will be developed between 15th May and 15th December 2018, is intended for school centers, city and town councils and other entities or institutions that promote educational activities in the province of Cuenca. Its audience includes society as a whole and especially Primary and Secondary school groups. Participation in the programme is completely free of charge.
Two Environmental Education instructors are responsible for setting up and running the exhibitions, guiding participants through the display panels and developing environmental workshops. Each group of participants, composed of a maximum of 25 people, will enjoy the experience for 2 hours, thus allowing a maximum of 100 participants divided into two shifts per session. The total duration of one session is about 4-5 hours. However, the specific logistics of the event are adjusted to the particular needs and interests of each participating entity.
If you are interested in your entity taking part in the programme, you are requested to follow the steps shown below:
- Download the Terra Mobilis dossier, have a look at the specific characteristics of the different exhibitions available, and choose the one that is most interesting for your groups of participants.
- Complete the registration form and send it to email@example.com.
- Wait until you are contacted by email or phone to discuss the details.
If you have any questions or need more detailed information about Terra Mobilis 2018, please contact Azeral Environmental Sciences by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (969 23 88 32 and 616 50 76 95). We offer advice regarding the selection of the different exhibitions and workshops and provide information about didactic resources that can be used to work with the groups of participants before the Terra Mobilis session.
Join the #TerraMobilis effect!
Are you interested in Environmental Sciences and Environmental Education?
Subscribe to our Newsletter at the end of our website!